To contact or appoint William Aylmer, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
William has a primarily facilitative style with evaluative elements, deploying exploration of the best and worst alternatives to a negotiated agreement and reality checking as early as possible and repeated as appropriate.
Feedback - Clients
- “William was extremely professional with a relaxed yet formal approach to the mediation. William was very measured throughout the day and explained things very thoroughly during pre-mediation. The advice William gave my client to 'not be the first to leave' was invaluable and stayed with my client all day, especially when things got tough. My client was very impressed with William who he said had adopted a very positive approach throughout a very difficult mediation. It was also beneficial to have an assistant mediator during the day.” Party’s legal representative.
- “Thanks a lot for everything today William. You ran it all in an excellent way. All the best.” Party’s legal representative.
- “Mediation is a results business and you got a result which all parties were happy to agree. Our agenda was to represent the interests of the wider community and after in excess of ten years of conflict I am pleased that we achieved closure. Everyone walked away with something which was key to the settlement. I must congratulate you on keeping everyone at the table which was an achievement in itself. However, as mediator you get the credit for achieving the result.”
- “The dust has settled and it is difficult to see how the mediation might have unfolded differently. Overall it seems that all the preparation in the world cannot prepare you for what can actually transpire. We are very grateful for the manner in which you carried out the role of mediator and for your calmness, politeness and good humour throughout. We are very glad that our solicitor recommended you and would have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone in need of a safe pair of hands.”
- “Just wanted to say thank you for your patience, persistence and expertise in the mediation.” Party’s legal representative.
- Jon Legorburu appointed William from the CEDR panel in 2011, noting his “good value, high integrity and creativity as a mediator”, following successful mediation.
- John O’Connor, Solicitor, Mediator, Notary Public, Dublin has appointed William as a mediator in February 2009 and hired him more than once, noting that he achieves great results, is personable and expert and saying “William and I have worked on a number of mediations. He is a mediator of choice in respect of his knowledge, patience, commitment and integrity.”
- Kevin Bonfield, Bonfield Limited, London, while with another company when working with William at Eugene F. Collins, said in April 2009, “I found William's approach to dispute resolution refreshing and his attention to detail was excellent. I am glad that he has set up Compton Aylmer as this new venture will give him the freedom to develop a strong business which will serve his current and future clients very well indeed. I have no hesitation in recommending William's services.”
- Eileen Grace, Partner Corporate & Banking Group at Eugene F. Collins, Dublin, who managed William indirectly at Eugene F. Collins, said in February 2010, “William is a very experienced lawyer with particular expertise in mediation. William was a very capable colleague and a pleasure to deal with.”
Feedback – Directories & Awards
Finalist in the Danske Bank Irish Law Awards 2013, ADR Lawyer of the Year category.
Finalist in the CEDR Awards 2012 in the ADR Champion category, for his commitment to the promotion and development of mediation in Ireland.
William appears in the International Who’s Who of Mediation Lawyers 2011, having been nominated and selected based on comprehensive, independent survey work with both general counsel and private practice lawyers.
Cited in Chambers Global 2009, the Client’s Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, as "one of the most sensible and pleasant commercial litigators around". It records that William covers an array of contentious cases and is "making great strides" as a mediator.
Updated: November 2017