- This event has passed.
19 January 2022
Please note this course is being held virtually over the Zoom platform
There is increasing interest in the potential for mediation to settle investor-State disputes. A growing number of investment treaties contain specific provisions on mediation to resolve investment disputes, and much work has been done by organizations and institutions to promote the availability and benefits of mediation in investment contexts. This includes the proposed ICSID Investor-State Mediation Rules and the work by UNCITRAL’s Working Group III on Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform. The COVID-19 pandemic has heightened interest in the use of timely and cost-effective methods of dispute settlement such as mediation. The Singapore Convention on International Settlement Agreements Resulting from Mediation, which entered into force in September 2020, is also a key development in the field of mediation.
This 3-day interactive, practice-based Investor-State Mediator Training, designed jointly by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Mediation Institute (IMI) and the International Energy Charter, will cover the context of investor-State disputes within the ISDS landscape and will provide experienced mediators with knowledge and skills to mediate investment disputes including Stakeholder mapping and analysis, process design, co-mediation and intercultural considerations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Course registration is open to –
- Individuals who have participated in basic mediator training (40 hours minimum)*
- Individuals who have practical experience serving as mediator.*
- Government employees who have an interest in learning about investor-State mediation but do not have any prior mediator training or experience (discounted price available).
- Practitioners in ISDS arbitration, who want to expand their skills to the field of mediation in the context of resolving these disputes.
Please complete the questionnaire on this link on your relevant experience
Experience in investor-State arbitration is desirable but not essential.
*To be assessed by CEDR during the application process – use the form below to complete your experience.
COURSE REGISTRATION & FEE
There are two types of availability for this course – see the ticket option which is most suitable for you.
- Mediators/Practitioners – US $2,500 for the 3-day course.
- Government employees – US $1,250 for the 3-day course.
In order to book this course, you will need to complete the form below which outlines your experience. Once you have completed this form a member of the team will be in touch with you.