Mock Mediation for Observation Development Points | 20 September 2023
20 September 2023
We are constantly told that finding mediations to observe is one of the most challenging aspects of a mediators’ professional development.
This is understandable.
Mediations are usually set up relatively quickly, are confidential by nature and are subject to the personal preference of mediators.
However, given observations are such an integral part of any mediators’ development especially early on, CEDR has developed a new online session to help you gain TWO of your required Civil Mediation Council (CMC) Observation and Experience Points (this is under Category G of the CMC’s list of activities).
The CMC requires a total of ten Observations and Experience Points for mediators to become Registered for England & Wales.
This 3-hour session will be run entirely online using a commercial mediation filmed, introduced and facilitated by a CEDR/ CMC-registered mediator, with live chat and followed by a Q&A.
- Gain two CMC accreditation points without attending a live mediation
- CEDR/CMC accredited facilitators host the session
- Three-hour session giving you the ability to claim two accreditation points
- Professional mediation film taking you through all the key mediation stages
- Access to the CEDR Virtual Campus one week prior to the session giving you the opportunity to interact with additional training/ professional development material and meet learn and engage with fellow participants.
- Complimentary access to the CEDR Digital Handbook for one month, plus a unique offer to continue subscription thereafter
- Digital access from anywhere, on any device
- Book a session that suits your schedule and time zone
- Live Q&A session
- A great alternative to attending live mediation sessions
- Narrated key takeaways throughout the session
- Post course access to Virtual Campus to engage, connect and develop with other participants
- Continued ‘first access’ access to CEDR new content and programmes as they are released
Please note, while you can attend more than one Mock Mediation with CEDR, you are only entitled to receive a maximum of two CMC points as the mediation scenario used is the same.