CEDR mediators successfully resolve 89% of disputes.
Mediation is uniquely placed to address the emotional, reputational and financial issues which are at the heart of workplace disputes. Through the use of mediation, parties to disputes are able to reach fair and productive settlements which allow employees to feel safe and businesses to continue to prosper.
CEDR’s mediators are experienced in working with parties to Workplace disputes with varying levels of complexity.
Here are some examples:
- Bullying and harassment – A complex class action against a top executive resolved; coached the executive thereafter to adapt their behaviour as part of the settlement
- Disputes relating to sex and race discrimination involving senior employees where the amounts in dispute exceeded £1.5m.
- A dispute relating to a claim of wrongful and unfair dismissal, where there were several issues including termination, bonus entitlement and share options, where the amount claimed was in excess of £890,000.
- A dispute in the charity sector between employees with allegations of racism
- A relationship breakdown between a CEO and Deputy CEO impacting performance.
- A sex and race discrimination case with £1 million claim in Professional Services involving a female employee returning to work following maternity leave settled.
- A dispute regarding disagreement of an application of TUPE to decommissioned employees resulting in savings of £100,000 per annum settled.
CEDR's 12 Workplace Panel specialists are uniquely positioned to help you – find out more information about them below.
Feedback on our Panel
“Thank you for your assistance at short notice this week. For my part, you really added value.”
– Senior HR Leader, Government Office
You challenged the parties- you are top of our list for any further mediations.”
– Head of HR, Banking Sector
"The individual clients in this case were very hostile towards one another and very difficult, the mediator dealt with the personalities very expertly."
– Head of HR, UK University
“It was really practical and you got the job done.”
– HR Manager, City Law Firm