Publication of the 10th CEDR Mediation Audit
1 February 2023
How to attend:
Please note that this is a hybrid event.
To register to attend in person at CEDR HQ, please click ‘Book Now’ above.
To register to attend online, please register via Zoom here.
MyCEDR members will have priority access.
For 20 years, CEDR has conducted an industry-leading audit of the civil and commercial mediation market in the UK, gauging the attitudes of civil and commercial mediation professionals and lawyers.
Join us on 1 February 2023 for the launch of the results of our 10th Biennial Mediation Audit. The event will be led by report author and CEDR Chief’s Operating Officer Graham Massie as he reveals and discusses the trends for the civil and commercial mediation market.
This years audit focusses particularly on the implications of the proposed introduction of mandatory mediation in the UK system, including mediator attitudes to taking on such work.
As is customary, the audit will also update on the historical trends we have now been tracking for 20 years:
- The size and features of the UK Commercial Mediation marketplace
- Mediator Demographics – who are the UK’s mediators and what type of work do they do
- What are growth areas in mediation and how is the marketplace changing
- Attitudes towards mediation and developments in lawyer and client engagement with mediation
- Developments in the practices and fees of mediators
About the Audit:
The audit was conducted in October-November 2022 through an online questionnaire and was completed by civil and commercial mediators and lawyers working in the United Kingdom. The audit is conducted in partnership with the Civil Mediation Council and was open to all practising mediators and lawyers.