“Balint listens and takes the time to understand both sides of the dispute. He is objective, fair and compassionate. These qualities and approach to mediation has allowed for an environment of trust where both parties to the conflict (with different power ranking) have been able to come together and work out a satisfactory solution which otherwise would not have been possible.”
Balint is the most renown expert and mediator in the field of conflict resolution within the Office of the Ombudsman at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). He has to his credit over 500 resolved cases ranging from highly escalated interpersonal conflicts, contractual and regulatory issues, professional negligence, health and reputation related grievances.
- 2016-: Mediator and Conflict Resolution Officer – Ombudsman’s Office, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Budapest, Hungary
- 2015: Staff Development Officer, trainer, instructional designer – World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland
- 2009 – 2015: Assistant Staff Development Officer, trainer, instructional designer – Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Budapest, Hungary
- 2005 – 2009: Teacher of Methodology, Literature, Rhetoric and Creative Writing – Torok Sandor Waldorf Teacher Training Institution, Solymar, Hungary
- 1996 – 2009: Class Teacher, High School Literature Teacher and Primary School English Teacher, Chair of the Teacher`s Board, Pesthidegkut Waldorf School, Budapest, Hungary