“Laima helped me to see and understand what the other party really needed. And, most importantly, to see and understand what I really need myself”.
Laima Ārija Zelmene is a lawyer for 25 years and a mediator for 15 years. She is recognised as one of the beginners of mediation techniques in Latvia. She has participated in more than 400 media cases as a mediator.
She is a chairman of the board of the Mediation Council of Latvia. Also, she is one of the co-founders of NGOs “Integration for Society”, “Mediation and ADR”, which play important roles in policy development of mediation in Latvia.
Laima Arija Zelmene is a lecturer of mediation and, more important, she is one of the authors of training programmes for legal practitioners (notaries, judges, bailiffs) and for teachers and pupils ( “Mediation at School”, “Organization of the Peer Meditation in School”).
Her opinion: There are no unresolved situations if the Parties have aim to resolve them!
- 12.1994.-present: Sworn Attorney
- 2004.-20.10.2014.: Mediator
- 10.2014.-present: Certified Mediator
- 2007.-present: Lecturer on Mediation
- 06.2011.-31.12.2015.: Mediator at The Riga Orphan’s Court, Street Kalēju 78, Riga, LV 1050
- 11.2014.-present:Vice-Chair of The Council of Certified Mediators, Street Kr.Barona 88, Riga, LV 1001
- 08.2011.-present: Chairman of the Board, Project Manager of the NGO „Council of Mediation”. Street Kr.Barona 88, Riga, LV 1001
- -present : Vice President, Project Manager of the NGO „Integration for Society”. Babītes Ŗeg., Salas Parish., Silmalas „Ratnieki”, LV-2105
- -2014.: Chairman of the Board of the NGO „Aediation and ADR”, Street Kr.Barona 88, Riga, LV 1001
- -present: Board Member of the NGO „SILVA METHOD LATVIA”, Street Maskavas 254 k.3-21, LV-1063
- 1992-1994. : Head of Legal Department of SIA „Ekofarma”, Street Maskavas 257, Riga, LV-1019
- 1991-1992 : Head of Legal Department of A/S „Ekois”, Street Maskavas iela 257, Riga, LV-1019
- 1990-1991. : Deputy Director of Riga Musical Center ,Street Grēcinieku 8, Riga, LV-1050