“With Thomas as a mediator, I was able to find, all in one, a professional with the characteristics I was looking for, integrity, assertiveness and curiosity.”
English, French, Portuguese
- Thomas is a New York qualified attorney and counsellor-at-law, currently Of Counsel at Abreu Advogados in Lisbon. He is a graduate from the University of Paris X Nanterre Law School.
- He has an LL.M in Alternative Dispute Resolution of the University of Texas in Austin, during which he became a certified mediator, and where he participated in the Graduate Portfolio Program in Alternative Dispute Resolution, presenting his research on “Cyber- Arbitration”.
- He has authored various articles and book chapters on the topic of mediation and ADR, including an award-winning paper entitled “Cross-Border Commercial Mediation”.
- He is the Vice-President and co-founder of the ICFML – Instituto de Certificação e formação de Mediadores Lusófonos, a non-profit organization aimed at training and certifying Portuguese-speaking mediators.
- Thomas also teaches mediation and negotiation in Portugal’s best law schools.
Thomas has acted in many proceedings, as a mediator or as settlement counsel, in diverse areas:
|As Settlement Counsel: