To contact or appoint Nick Pearson, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Major specialisations as a litigator included corporate and commercial disputes with particular experience in international, multi-jurisdictional matters, trust disputes, fraud, insolvency, contract and tort claims, professional and partnership disputes and claims in the corporate and financial sectors. Nick managed the litigation surrounding the multimillion dollar collapse and liquidation of Carrian Investments Ltd when working in Hong Kong, and the multi-jurisdictional disputes which arose following the massive frauds upon the Kuwait Investment Office and Grupo Torras following the first Gulf war.
- Partner Baker & McKenzie, London 1988-2006;
- Chairman of Firm’s European Dispute Group, and Head of Global Dispute Resolution Practice (over 700 dispute lawyers in over 35 different countries);
- Baker & McKenzie, Hong Kong 1979-1988 - Partner from 1982;
- Herbert Smith, solicitors, London 1974-1979;
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner 1993-2004;
- Trained and CEDR Accredited Mediator 2003 to date;
- Member of CEDR Chambers-2011-to date;
- Considerable experience of handling disputes involving different cultures and nationalities.
- Member of Baker & McKenzie's London Management Committee - 1992-1996;
- Chairman and Member of Baker & McKenzie's Global Professional Responsibility and Practice [Ethics] Committee 1997-2000 and 2004-2006;
- Member of Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal - 2006 to 2010;
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Accountants' Joint Disciplinary Scheme -2006 to 2010;
- Member of Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS);
- Chairman/ Committee member of the Association of South West Mediators - 2009 to date;
- Secretary and Trustee of charitable trusts connected with former College, Lincoln College, Oxford University.
Updated: October 2016