The standard fees payable per party under the Court of Appeal Mediation Scheme are:
||Price Per Party Online
|| Price Per Party In-Person
|| Additional Hours
price per party
|Less than £1million
||£950 + VAT
||£125 + VAT
|£1 million +
||£1,900 + VAT
||£175 + VAT
This fee includes:
- Nine hours of the mediator's time, with four hours allocated to preparation and five hours to mediation.
- CEDR’s administrative costs.
- If the parties agree to continue with the mediation process for more than the five hours allotted, this additional mediation time is invoiced after the mediation at the rate of listed above per hour, per party.
- Mediator expenses are only charged in exceptional circumstances and only if the parties agree in advance.
- The cost of a venue is not included in the fee and the parties are responsible for identifying and paying for somewhere suitable.
The fee is payable in advance of the mediation, as soon as all parties have agreed the identity of the mediator and the date of the mediation, and should be paid to CEDR, who will issue a VAT invoice to each party for the sum due.
Cancellation charges apply and can be found in the Court of Appeal Fee Policy document