Independent Complaints Adjudication Service for Ofsted
The role of the ICASO is to review the way Ofsted has responded to complaints made by any member of the public who has been affected by the actions or decisions of Ofsted, provided that the complainant has first exhausted Ofsted’s internal complaints procedure.
Up to 90 days
What we can do
The Independent Complaints Adjudication Service for Ofsted (ICASO) may review a number of alleged failures. These include:
- any failure by Ofsted to follow its complaints procedure correctly.
- any failure to respond in a timely manner.
- any discourtesy by staff.
- any failure to accept and/or apologise for mistakes.
- any particular issue/s with conduct of an inspector or its staff (including contracted staff working on behalf of Ofsted).
- any issue/s concerning the implementation of inspection, regulatory procedures and subsequent reporting following inspection.
If you want to know more about how we can help you with your ICASO complaint, please visit our Help & Guides.