Social Housing

Regulator of Social Housing Scheme

Managed independently by Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution




Up to 90 days

New urban housing in the south of England
two people sitting on a couch

What we can do

The Independent External Complaints Review Service operated by CEDR Services, forms part of the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH’s) approach to handling complaints about RSH.

  • If you want to know more about how we can help you with your Social Housing complaint, please visit our Help & Guides.

The steps you must take before submitting a complaint

speech bubble icon

Contact RSH

Is managed by the team at RSH to which the complaint relates. You should complain no later than 3 months after you became aware of the problem, or should reasonably have become aware of it.
clipboard icon

Contact RSH legal services team

If you’re unhappy with the way RSH handled your complaint at stage 1 you can escalate it to their legal services team as an independent review of the original complaint. This should be within 3 months of receiving a response to stage 1.
tick and cross icon

Contact CEDR

If you’re still unhappy with RSH’s response you can refer it to us and we will carry out an independent review. Complaints that are referred to CEDR later than 3 months after the RSH's final response to the complaint cannot be dealt with. If you are still not satisfied, you can ask your MP to take your complaint to the independent Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review the handling of your complaint.
Woman smiling

Are you a business?

CEDR can provide dispute resolution services for businesses in most sectors.

  • Fast, and cost effective solutions
  • Provided at a sustainable cost
Skip to main content