CEDR is proud to partner with the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) on a new podcast series on smarter approaches to dispute resolution.
This series brings together BIICL’s ‘Breathing Space Series’ which aims to help safeguard commercial activity in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and CEDR’s vision of ‘Better conflicts, better outcomes leading to a better world’.
While looking at issues relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will also look at evolving attitudes to dispute resolution, future trends and advice from leading conflict specialists.
Podcast 2 features:
- Helen Dodds, Director of Legal UK and Member of LawTech UK Commercial Dispute Resolution Taskforce
- Lauren McGuirl, Director of Commercial Disputes, CEDR
- Sir William (Bill) Blair, former Judge of London’s Commercial Court, Barrister & Arbitrator
- Ben Thomson (facilitator), Content Strategist at CEDR
In it, they discuss:
- Rise in the uptake of formal proceedings following pandemic
- Realities of going to court
- Options open to parties instead of issuing formal proceedings
- BIICL advice on supporting contractual relationships
- Thoughts on Mandatory Mediation
More information on BIICL’s Breathing Space Series and access to the three Concept Notes can be found here.
Tailored Insights for You
Sign-up to receive regular insights on topics ranging from effective Conflict Management and Negotiation to Commercial Mediation and ADR Thought Leadership.Subscribe