CEDR Page not in use
CEDR Solve can provide the services of an independent third party to assist with negotiations between stakeholders during the pre-contract stage of a business relationship or at a later stage if required.
Third party chairs are skilled neutrals, used to working in dispute situations, who help parties establish and maintain a structure to the meeting, enabling parties to have a productive discussion.
The use of an independent chair is particularly effective in high pressure situations where there has been experience of conflict in dealings between the parties or where particular personality types find it difficult to work together. It is also useful if time is short and a decision or resolution must be reached.
The role of the independent chair may be to:
- Assist the parties to identify the key issues requiring decision/resolution;
- Assist the parties to establish a structure to their meeting;
- Ensure adherence to the agenda to ensure all required items are covered;
- Ensure that all parties have proper opportunity to participate;
- Encourage the parties to think creatively and explore all options;
- Maintain order and a calm and productive working environment.
Such intervention by an independent third party can be tailored to the needs of the users, but can also draw on a range of other models including:
- Assisted stakeholder dialogue
- Brokered talks
- Independent review
- Facilitated visioning and planning
- Relationship building
- Scheme designs