To contact or appoint Tim Hardy, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mediation Accreditation & Practice
Tim has been a CEDR accredited mediator since 2001 and mediated over 100 disputes in areas such as boardroom and family office, partnership, professional negligence, insurance and corporate transactions.
As one of the most experienced partners from a City law firm to turn their hand to mediation in recent years, Tim quickly and effectively gets to grip with the legal, commercial and personal issues. He earns the parties’ respect by being naturally empathetic and enquiring, driven by a genuine interest in helping people resolve their differences and sees his role and purpose to be to help the individuals find a solution with which they are happy. He listens to them carefully to be sure that he understands the dividing critical issues in order to address them appropriately. Tim maintains pace by keeping everyone actively engaged and is an excellent judge as to when to be patient and when to challenge positions that may be barring progress while still maintaining the parties’ trust. Many hours of hard-nosed negotiation have given him the skills to guide people through tortuous negotiations, find creative solutions to break impasse and bring them together.
Feedback - Clients
- "My clients were delighted with the result and, if I may say so, your efforts."
- "Thank you for your considerable efforts. It was a rather unusual mediation, but you certainly went the extra mile to bring about a very effective resolution."
- “Tim controlled the meetings well in light of particular challenges and proposed a sensible strategy for the parties and their experts by which to work through the key areas of contention.”
- “Both my clients and I are very grateful for your efforts. You had a keen grasp of the commercial realities of the situation and the skillful way in which you maintained momentum was undoubtedly a major factor in enabling us to reach a settlement.”
- “Very sensitive and emphatic towards both parties. With that attitude he brought both parties together to find a solution even though it seemed impossible to settle at the beginning.”
- “You conducted the mediation with great courtesy, patience and diligence. I have no doubt, but for your great efforts, we would have not been able to achieve the settlement”.
- “Although it started very negatively, despite the ups and downs of the day it all came right on the night. I am sure both parties realized that your skill as a mediator contributed to the successful outcome.”
- “His decision to bring matters to a head was a good one, and provided the groundwork for settlement.”
- “Kept pressure on both parties to keep them involved” and “Despite immense ill feeling between the parties’ legal representatives, a settlement was achieved.”
- “I do not think that we would have achieved the settlement without your hard work, perseverance and efforts during our mediation.”
- “I'm certain we would never have been able to facilitate an outcome by ourselves, so I'm extremely grateful for help.”
- “Persistent and patient.”
- “Has presence and commands respect.”
- “You exercised great skill and employed great experience. I can’t really express my admiration for what you did and how you did it but you stopped an old cynic in his tracks anyway. I couldn’t speak more highly of you as a mediator.”
Updated: March 2018