Our staff are working remotely from home so please do not post anything to the office, until further notice. However, any post that is sent in will be processed within 10 working days. If possible, customers are advised to email [email protected] if they require advice or support. Alternatively, our call handlers are available to assist from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.  Please note that there may be some delays in the processing and resolution of cases. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.


Please note that due to coronavirus, there may be delays with connecting you to the network. Openreach are focusing on maintaining and repairing the network, so please bear that in mind. More information is available here.

What is CISAS?

CISAS is managed independently by The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), an Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider, approved by Ofcom, to resolve disputes related to communication and internet services. The service is free of charge to customers as required by the Communications Act 2003.

CISAS is designed to adjudicate domestic and cross-border disputes that have not been resolved through the communication provider’s own complaints procedure.

Please refer to our Guidance Notes in our Downloads section (to the left) for information on how we help resolve your dispute. 

We accept our application form in other languages, however, please note that the process and final decision is all in English.

Cases must be completed within 90 days of the application being accepted as required by UK legislation but the average time taken to complete the process is considerably less at approximately 40 -50 days.

When it comes to the evidence, you will need to provide things like:

  • Dates you first  became aware of the issue or issues  
  • Confirmation of the date that you first raised the issue with the company
  • Any copies of correspondence between you and the company. This can include emails, letters, webchat and SMS.
  • Any details of telephone calls you have had with the company. This can include, the names, dates and time of the people you spoke to
  • Any other relevant information that you consider will assist in your complaint.

Please note that it is the customer’s responsibility to provide as much information as possible to assist with their claim. Please note that if you are waiting on information from the company, to hold off registering a complaint until you have received that information. If you have only had verbal discussions with the company, please ensure a summary of those calls is provided with your application.

CISAS is managed independently by Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), an Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider, approved by Ofcom, to resolve disputes related to communication and internet services. The service is free of charge to customers as required by the Communications Act 2003.

No. You must give your communications provider the opportunity to address your concerns first. In many cases they will be able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.

No, CISAS is a free service as per the Communications Act 2003.

To register a case with CISAS please use the Complain Now button. This will take you to our case management system where you can start the process. This is the fastest way to register a new complaint.

Alternatively, you may wish to complete and submit an application via our web form, that is accessible here

You can also register a new case by printing and posting the completed Application Form found in the Downloads section.

If you require a reasonable adjustment, you can contact the Enquiries & Administration Team on Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and you can ask for an over the phone application to occur.

The data below is taken from our CEDR Customer Satisfaction Survey for Consumer Adjudication and Arbitration, specifically in relation to our CISAS Scheme. These figures are updated monthly.

To view the survey results please click here

You may wish to contact the following organisations:

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB):
If you need assistance with any legal aspects of the service/complaint. Their website is https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ and their advice line is 03444 111 444.

If you wish to contact the regulator for communication services their website is https://www.ofcom.org.uk/

Equality and Human Rights Commission
0808 800 0082


Ombudsman Services

Companies covered

The steps you must take before submitting a claim

Step 1.

Raise your complaint with the company in the first instance

Step 2.

If the company is not able to resolve your dispute to your satisfaction within 8 weeks or is the dispute has reached ‘deadlock’ you can come to CISAS.

Step 3.

CISAS will adjudicate the dispute and an adjudicator will issue a final decision. You are free to either accept or reject this decision.

Things we cannot assist with

  • The location of telegraph poles/mobile phone masts
  • Cable and wiring inside your property
  • The creative content and messaging of websites, advertisements, calls, emails, SMS or messages
  • Employment and staff issues in communications companies
  • Commercial decisions made by companies about whether to provide a product or service

Ready to submit a complaint?

Complain now

Need additional assistance?

Please call us and we will provide the support that you need

Call us
Your Cart
Skip to main content