To contact or appoint Graham Massie, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant with a medium-sized city firm, Graham spent ten years with KPMG London where, as Senior Manager, he ran a professional services department of approximately 40 staff responsible for a broad cross-section of clients ranging from major PLCs to small owner-managed businesses.
During this period he also spent two years in the USA, initially as a manager in KPMG's Chicago office and thereafter as seconded finance director to a computer leasing industry client, based in New Jersey.
Upon leaving KPMG, Graham established his own business consultancy and audit practice specialising in helping owner-managed businesses find creative solutions to one-off problems (including systems development, corporate mergers and acquisitions, strategy and planning, and litigation support). During this period, he also worked as an investigating accountant for the Accountants' Joint Disciplinary Scheme, investigating the conduct of individual accountants and firms involved in corporate collapses of major public interest (including Polly Peck and Barings Bank).
In his early years with CEDR, Graham served initially as Finance Director and later as Chief Operating Officer, but he now focuses the vast majority of his time on client services. Graham is also a Board member of the International Dispute Resolution Centre and The Negotiation Competition.
- The Civil Justice Audit, 2000 (project manager and reviewing editor).
- The Mediator Audits, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2010, a regular survey of the UK commercial mediation profession.
- The EU Mediation Atlas (co-editor), published by LexisNexis, 2005 - a survey of practice and regulation in each member state within the EU.
- CEDR’s “Cutting the Cost of Conflict” surveys, 2006 – 2008 looking at the cost of conflict to British business and attitudes thereto.
- Chapters on conflict management in Managing Business Risk, a practical guide to protecting your business, published by Kogan Page (2007, 2008, 2010).
Updated: September 2015