To contact or appoint Jeremy Connell, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Management Experience
- Construction/Engineering: Particular focus in relation to petrochemical plants, power generation and distribution, mining projects and the extraction/production of strategic metals;
- Financial: Including projects for a major international bank with interests in the Asia Pacific region;
- Fund management: Assessing joint venture arrangements and strategic options for China market entry for an international fund management company;
- ICT: Five years managing the account of a leading multinational service provider;
- Insurance: Managing projects to assess the opportunities and risks for both international life and non-life insurers in China;
- Intellectual Property: Handling a variety of issues for a global manufacturer and supplier of scientific equipment and services;
- Manufacturing/Retail: Including aerospace, aviation, automobile, telecom and tobacco sectors;
- Mining: Including investigation and assessment of major alumina, coal and zinc interests and projects;
- Partnership: Working closely with partners in a wide range of disciplines while managing the marketing and business development of a major international professional services firm. First-hand experience from jointly establishing an international consultancy as a partnership before subsequent incorporation;
- Petrochemicals: Several assignments analysing commercial and political aspects of substantial petrochemical projects;
- Scientific equipment: Focus on management and distribution arrangements in China for a leading international manufacturer;
- Security: Examining Chinese tender requirements for the supply of specialised equipment for the 2008 Olympic Games;
- Transport and logistics: Advising a major logistics company on prospects for winning a large infrastructure project in Beijing.
2013 to date: Managing a private life coaching, counselling and mediation practice serving business and professional clients in demanding jobs who face life or career crises and transitions and relationship issues.
1995-2013: A founding partner/director of Hakluyt & Co, market leader in the provision of strategic business intelligence and advice worldwide to senior management of multinational companies. He specialised in managing bespoke projects in multiple industry sectors in China and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region.
1990-1995: Head of Marketing and Public Relations for Hogan Lovells, the international law firm, reporting to the managing partner. Built and managed a versatile professional team to advise and support the partnership, commissioned and implemented influential market research and trained/coached partners and staff throughout the firm in all aspects of business development.
1982-1990: Member of HM Diplomatic Service (First Secretary, Grade 5 level), specialising in various aspects of European, Former Soviet Union and Middle Eastern affairs. As Secretary of the Diplomatic Association in Portugal in 1986, during a posting to Lisbon, Jeremy managed a major fund raising project for a local charity, supported by the Portuguese president and prime minister. UK experience included extensive interdepartmental liaison on security matters between FCO, the Cabinet Office and major Whitehall departments.
1977-1981: Trained and practised as a lawyer at Drummond & Co WS and Balfour & Manson SSC in Edinburgh.
Other Professional Qualifications / Experience
As part of his continuing professional development, Jeremy has completed further CEDR structured training in the following areas:
- Mediation funding and costs issues;
- Law and Practice for non-lawyer mediators;
- Court Scheme Mediation: working with court mandates and time limits.
Jeremy is a UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor (BACP Accredited) and NLP Practitioner, with specialist training and experience in Stress Management, Person Centred Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, schema therapy and coaching. He has Worked in private practice and part time at a London medical surgery since 1998, helping patients from a variety of backgrounds to cope with personal and relationship problems and trauma. He is a member of the UK Psychological trauma society and is presently working towards a general certificate in psychotraumatology from the European society for traumatic stress studies.
Jeremy is a fluentPortuguese speaker (Diplomatic Service and British Council Language Training - higher standard).
Updated: April 2016