To contact or appoint Mark Manley, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
- International trade dispute between US and UK aerospace companies £7.8million product liability claim.
- Passing off and breach of copyright claim in textile industry .
- IP / image right infringement claim – passing off – action by celebrity over unauthorised use of image/slogan.
- Claim between clothing manufacturers regarding infringement of design and trademark.
Media & Entertainment:
- International Recording Artiste v Trade Publication – matter settled shortly after the mediation.
- Libel claim by leading Banking industry executive v national newspaper.
- Artiste/TV company – action for breach of contract on TV commercials.
- Television agency dispute - dispute between actors in ITV Soap and BBC Drama series and their former managers and agents over significant commission payments and termination of contracts including Equity/PACT contracts.
- Contract dispute over commissions between well- known TV personality and TV company and agent.
- Multi- party broadcasting dispute over image rights infringement and format.
- Breach of confidence claim – allegations by former employee and revelations to media.
- Mediated dispute between international recording artiste and well known trade publication.
- Recording Deal – dispute between artiste and management company on commissions due.
- Dispute between original artiste and tribute band over moral rights.
Partnership & Shareholder
- Partnership dispute between partners in a theatre school. Allegations of fraud.
- Breach of contract/share valuation dispute for £52 million between South African and Danish blue chip companies.
- Claim arising from the disbanding of a solicitors practice.
- Share Valuation dispute – dispute in Scotland between two companies following acquisition.
- Several shareholders / unfair prejudice disputes.
Professional Negligence: Professional negligence claim brought against accountants by FTSE top 100 company.
- Libel claim by two ladies who were the subject of Employment tribunal cases over racist comments alleged to have been made by them to a colleague. Defences of truth and privilege.
- Libel action about to go to trial involving well known celebrity and national broadsheet newspaper.
- Internationally known singer and soap star sued former agent for libel and breach of contract.
- Multi-party libel and publishing dispute between publisher and 12 claimants.
- Libel case between BA Pilot and National newspaper.
- Libel claim by Nobel Prize winner against a broadsheet newspaper.
- Premiership football Manager and tabloid over claim of accepting a bung.
- Libel and IP claims between Football Club and Regional Newspaper.
- Dispute between footballer and girlfriend – breach of confidence/privacy issues.
- Libel claim brought by football club against some of its major shareholders following comments on social networking site.
- Contract dispute following dismissal of Premiership Football Manager.
- Dispute between Premiership Football Club and one of its players and his Agent over benefits and payments.
- Sports dispute between athlete and governing body.
- Mediated dispute between Championship Golf Club and several of its members over implementation of the Constitution.
- Dispute between Championship football club and fans’ representatives.
Updated: October 2015