To contact or appoint Nick Pearson, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick has a lifetime of practical experience in handling disputes both in the courts and through arbitration in the UK and around the world. He is quick to assimilate the detail of matters in dispute but alert to the dangers of becoming too overburdened by them and with his calm, open style, Nick is able quickly to build rapport and confidence.
Described as firm, but not overbearing, enthusiastic, but also realistic Nick understands the process well and uses it to seek solutions where they can be found. He aims to liaise closely with the parties prior to the mediation day so as to help their preparation, and keeps in close contact post mediation wherever required to help achieve the parties’ objectives.
Feedback – Clients
- “Nick was excellent. He is politely forceful and really tried to explore all the various avenues with both parties.”
- “Nick did very well. He was a good listener and worked with the parties to achieve the settlement on a difficult case. I would use him again.”
- “Nick clearly worked extremely hard on both days in assisting the parties and their legal advisors to achieve a settlement-nothing short of miraculous given the strong personalities involved on both sides - Nick’s approach was spot on. He inspired confidence in my clients throughout.”
- "Well prepared ... very wise ... won confidence of all present ... a natural mediator."
- "His interventions were always to the point and I felt that the parties recognised and valued his obvious experience.”
- "I found his support as an experienced litigator extremely useful ..."
- “Nick was good at pushing the parties.”
- “I would use him again. He has a nice manner, is sensible and listens well.”
- “Nick has a very quiet style but very much deliberately so. His biggest strength in this case was probable to bring a calming influence to the table, which is what was needed here. I will definitely use Nick again and have recommended him since.”
- “He had a good understanding of the issues and understood both parties’ arguments. He judged how the other party was reacting and acted accordingly.”
Feedback – Directories
Recommended by the UK legal directories 2007 to date.
- Nick Pearson is an experienced mediator who predominantly focuses on complex corporate and commercial disputes. He attracts praise from market sources for his ability to deal with sensitive mediations, defusing tense proceedings with "skill and tact."
- Chambers 2015
- The ‘relaxed and professional’ Nick Pearson of CEDR Solve is ‘highly experienced’ and ‘capable of dealing with complex and high-value mediations’. He is also noted for his ‘proactive and flexible approach’, ‘attention to detail’ and ‘ability to defuse the emotion during a difficult mediation’.
- The Legal 500 2015
Updated: October 2016