Robert Gaitskell QC
To contact or appoint Robert Gaitskell QC, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
(Non-Neutral work in Italics)
Commercial Contracts: A four handed mediation regarding the sale of an allegedly defective lorry loader crane.
Construction & Engineering
- Cement works construction project in South Africa.
- Acted as arbitrator on a number of disputes related to commercial building projects in Dubai under DIAC rules.
- Acting as Sole Member for a DB procedure concerning a defence installation project.
- Acting as Dispute Board Chairman in respect of two major (£0.5 billion each) construction projects involving the British MOD. Both projects extend well into the future.
- Acting as counsel on a dispute related defects in design, construction and operation of a food manufacturing plant.
- Dispute between an employer and a firm of a professional engineers regarding the design.
Energy & Natural Resources
- Mediator of a number of Oil extraction operations disputes in Saudi Arabia.
- Middle-East petro-chemical production project, involving multi-national parties.
- Indonesian oil production project.
- Claims related to the operation of a North Sea oil rig.
- Arbitrator of dispute in Yemen related to oil and gas exploration and extraction.
- Expert Determinator of contractual claims over a power station turnkey contract in Oman.
- Dispute review Board member for a Caribbean oil exploration, extraction and production project.
- Chairman of the European ITER nuclear fusion project Dispute Board.
ICT: Information Communication & Technology
- Arbitrator of two disputes related to underwater fibre optic cables in the Persian Gulf.
- Acting as Dispute Review Board Chairman in respect of a World Bank funded telecommunications project in India.
- Dispute related to the collapse of a rail tunnel during construction causing major damage to property and loss of earnings to affected business. Multiple stakeholders from the construction industry and business with 100 participants.
- Acting as arbitrator of a Dubai road system dispute under Dubai Road Traffic Authority Rules. (UAE laws).
- Acted as a Dispute Board member under ROC conciliation rules regarding a High Speed Rail link project in Taiwan.
- Chairman of ICC arbitration tribunal concerning Ukrainian infrastructure project and a US military facility.
- U.S. intellectual property dispute, involving multinational parties and copyright issues.
- Australian technical product franchisee dispute with U.S. manufacturer related to commercial and patent issues.
- Patent claim by Swiss inventor against major UK company in the nuclear reprocessing industry, involving state-of-the-art research.
- Ministry of Defence claim against professional engineers responsible for a security establishment, involving important national installation.
- Dispute between 'Employer / Main Contractor' and firm of professional consulting engineers regarding design of an extension to port facilities.
Property: Dispute related to a mixed use commercial property development in Hong Kong SAR.
Shipping: Defects in custom made, high-tech sea-going vessel, involving complex legal issues.
Utilities: Bangkok water and sewage infrastructure project, involving multi-million pound claims and three parties.
Updated: August 2017