Robert Gaitskell QC
To contact or appoint Robert Gaitskell QC, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Gaitskell is qualified both as a professional engineer and a barrister, and practises as a Queen’s Counsel in Keating Chambers, London, where he specialises in engineering, construction and hi-tech disputes, often of an international nature.
He is a Fellow of both the Institution of Engineering & Technology (FIET) and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE), and was recently the Vice President of the IEE (Europe’s biggest professional engineering body). He is a member of the IET adjudication and arbitration panel, and is regularly appointed as an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitrator, and as a Dispute Resolution Board member/chairman.
Robert is also a Recorder (a part-time judge) and a Bencher of Gray’s Inn. He has a BSc (Engineering) and a PhD (King’s College London) in engineering contracts, and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He is a former Senator of the Engineering Council.
- Engineers’ Dispute Resolution Handbook – Editor: Robert Gaitskell QC, (Thomas Telford) September 2006
- Legal Update columnist for Engineering Management Journal
- Editorial team member for Construction Law Yearbook. Nos. 1-3
- Publication on MF/1 model form: Power Engineering Journal Dec 2001
- Publication on “Technological literacy in China: The international role of professional engineering institutions”, Cambridge Review of International Affairs Vol XIV No.1, 2001
- Publication on engineering and scientific forensic experts, Engineering Management Journal Jan 2000
- Publication on legal and other implication of information technology, Engineering Management Journal Feb 2000.
Updated: August 2017