Robert Gaitskell QC
To contact or appoint Robert Gaitskell QC, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email email@example.com
Robert's personal style is to get to grips with the real issues that divide the parties at the earliest opportunity and he will begin a dialogue with all parties long before the mediation takes place. During the mediation itself Robert uses facilitative techniques to bring the parties together.
- "He works determinedly to explore different possible angles."
- "Extremely proactive in his preparation prior to the mediation"...“skilful in bringing intransigent parties to the negotiating table when others might give up."
- "A delightful man who brings enormous charm and stature to his mediations."
- “"Totally organised, thoroughly agreeable and very intelligent." Gaitskell is not only a highly praised barrister but also a professional engineer, which affords him particular insight into engineering and construction disputes.”
Taken from Chambers & Partners Guide to the Legal Profession
- "He was good at getting the parties to focus on their strengths and weaknesses."
- “His strength was his subject knowledge and his approach with the parties.”
- “The homework he gave the parties beforehand was very useful.”
- “Never showed any frustration…quietly effective.”
- “…mediator (was) absolutely superb.”
- “(He) was excellent, really, really good. The fact that the parties settled was largely down to the mediator.”
- "Robert Gaitskell was instrumental to the parties reaching a settlement."
- "Robert Gaitskell was excellent, very helpful…very patient and very persistent."
- "He was tuned into the issues…very astute…able to be flexible and came up with proposals."
- "He gave the client confidence."
- "…very good with rapport building…[and] had very good pace."
- "I was impressed with Robert Gaitskell and would recommend and use him again."
- "He made himself clear and understood, he spent sufficient time explaining and was friendly."
Updated: August 2017