Rosemary Jackson QC
To contact or appoint Rosemary Jackson QC, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking & Finance
- Civil recovery claim in respect of bank accounts and properties pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Multi-party dispute concerning follow-on claims for damages consequent upon OFT finding of abuse of dominant position.
- Facilitated a 3-party commercial settlement meeting under an NHS PFI contract.
- Alleged breach of a wine distribution agreement.
- Dispute relating to performance of baggage handling/security screening equipment.
- Claim for misrepresentation and breach of warranty in relation to due diligence processes for Sale and Purchase Agreement.
- Earn-out dispute arising from commercial buy-out.
- Breach of confidentiality claim in relation to introduction to a land purchase opportunity.
- Disputed success fee on settlement of major insurance litigation.
- Dispute related to validity of market research data.
- Dispute concerning liability for fines imposed by the European Court for anti-competitive (cartel) practices.
Construction & Engineering
- Dispute between a design and build contractor and his brickwork subcontractor and novated consultant engineer in relation to the collapse of a partially-built crescent of 10 houses.
- £2bn dispute relating to a complex infrastructure project.
- Dispute concerning responsibility for spread of fire through newly built premises.
- Defects claim, delay claim and final account dispute between Employer and Main Contractor in relation to construction of a hotel.
- Dispute between a sub-contractor and main contractor regarding provision of roofing materials for a factory development.
- Several disputes up to 6 parties and £160m arising from settlement of concrete slabs/piles in industrial premises.
- Conducted ICE conciliation in respect of adverse physical conditions encountered during demolition works.
- Disputes relating to heave and environmental damage to waterways and SSSIs as a result of using steel slag fill.
- Alleged design and construction defects in curtain-walling, overcladding, thermal insulation, roofs, air-conditioning, windows, kitchen equipment, acoustics, drainage.
- Delay and disruption claims – JCT, NEC and bespoke contracts.
- Payment dispute under Term Contracts pursuant to Framework Agreement.
- Alleged defects in design and construction of new academic facility – roofs, air-conditioning, windows, kitchen equipment, acoustics.
- Disputed responsibility for defects in lift installation in a school.
- Design of dehumidification and air-conditioning plant, ventilation and smoke/fire safety systems.
- Alleged delay in design and construction of commercial storage unit, alleged defects in cladding and lifts.
- Collapse of cobb wall.
- Delays in construction of a new wing for boutique hotel, disputed final account, alleged defects (JCT).
- Delays and compensation claims (NEC), final account disputes (FIDIC, FCEC).
- Alleged negligence in carrying out non-destructive survey to locate underground features, interpretation of standard terms and conditions.
- Alleged defects in over cladding system on tower blocks – cracks and debonding of external wall insulation – thermal cycling, design and workmanship (JCT).
- Alleged mechanical and electrical and builders work defects in refurbishment of prestige hotel - loss of profits.
- Alleged defects in racecourse drainage.
- Final account dispute in relation to construction of new academic building.
- Alleged defects and delay in design and construction of prestige private house.
- Water ingress during roofing works.
- Final account dispute for asbestos removal.
- Asbestos removal.
- Design of ground slab – effect of potential heave, construction of collateral warranty.
- Disputes relating to ground engineering, site investigations, anchor piling works, combi-piles and diaphragm walls.
- Dispute relating to scope of design requirement in project management of the M & E works in a design and build contract for a military field hospital.
- Dispute relating to ground and surface water design, and landslips during conversion of a disused quarry to landfill site.
- Claim by property developer in relation to defects in a property in a new industrial estate built on a brownfield site. The developer had settled with the tenant and sought to recover £6m from the steelwork subcontractor, piling contractor and structural engineer.
- Conducted a conciliation over 6 weeks in relation to the termination of a prestigious civic regeneration project.
- Non-compliance with conditions of planning permission.
Energy & Natural Resources
- Mechanical equipment and pipework installation and erection for a Fischer Tropsch design reactor – compensation events (NEC3).
- Subsea pipeline trenching and backfilling dispute – site investigation information.
- Dispute relating to cathodic protection to undersea oil pipeline.
- Process Plant Mediations
- Alleged defects in design and construction of sequencing batch reactor.
- Disputed variations in sub-contract for supply and installation of chemical dosing rig.
- Disputed final account for construction of desalination plant.
- Alleged defects in water evaporation and pH correction plant for volume reduction of hazardous waste water.
- Dispute concerning termination of a contract for installation of a biofuels plant.
- Dispute concerning Microbially Induced Corrosion (MIC) due to SRB in condenser.
- Alleged negligence in provision of COMAH report.
- Claim for £6m under disputed success fee agreement in respect of brokering the settlement of a $90m+ insurance claim for losses due to the effects of 9/11.
- Dispute concerning construction of Professional Indemnity policy and extent of cover.
- Claim by contractor against Professional Indemnity insurers for indemnity against sums paid to employer in respect of alleged negligence in design of conversion of derelict institutional building – sub-floor ventilation.
- Claim by buildings insurer against surveyor in respect of excessive rebuilding costs due to negligent design and contract administration.
- Dispute concerning the consequences of a piling rig overturning.
- Breach of copyright claim in relation to housing development.
- Disputes up to 5 days’ duration relating to projects in Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Cayman, Denmark, Egypt, Georgia, India, Jordan, Libya, Madagascar, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, West Indies.
- Facilitated at 3 day workshop for Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot business leaders, politicians and leaders of civic society promoted by Engi and UNDP under the Participatory Peacemaking Project for Cyprus.
- Dispute concerning alleged shortfall in throughput achieved by design and supply of a dry batching mixing and blending systems for foodstuffs.
- Dispute relating to spoilt marzipan and icing on wedding and Christmas cakes due to contamination with osmophilic yeast.
- Alleged defects in design and construction of poultry processing plant.
Media & Entertainment
- Commercial/banking dispute arising out of a failed film investment scheme.
- Mediated a £90m dispute related to an NHS PFI project which was cancelled because of cost increases to the capital cost and the proposed unitary payment. This involved consideration of the unitary payment because the dispute concerned whether the Health Authority was entitled to terminate the project, and what the financial consequences should be.
- Facilitated legal workshop in relation to a dispute arising out of cancellation of a PFI project.
- Disputed sub-contract formation for mechanical and electrical works (PFI).
- Dispute concerning calculation of contribution payable towards Unitary Service Charge (USC) under a PFI project.
- Evaluation and mediation of a dispute concerning alleged design defects in a PFI hospital re-development.
- Dispute concerning defects in BSF PFI Schools construction.
- Claim by design and build contractor in respect of alleged deficiencies in structural engineering design by novated consultant.
- Allegedly negligent performance of architects, engineers and quantity surveyors’ duties.
- Solicitor’s negligence – drafting of settlement documentation in divorce proceedings.
- Solicitor’s negligence in conduct of TOLATA proceedings.
- Alleged negligence in design and contract administration of Mechanical and Electrical installation in training building – adequacy of estimates of heat gain and chiller duty, delay in producing design.
- Solicitor’s negligence – failure to issue proceedings in time.
- Eight party mediation including claims against two firms of solicitors for negligence in the handling of proceedings.
- Alleged negligence by architects in advising prospective developer prior to land purchase.
- Alleged negligence by architects providing design services to design and build contractor – delay and alleged defects.
- Contribution claim against consulting engineers in relation to contamination of site due to leaking diesel pipe.
- Alleged negligence and breach of contract in carrying out asbestos surveys and COMAH reports.
- Alleged negligence by Party Wall surveyors and engineers.
- Alleged negligence by funder’s monitoring surveyors.
- A dispute between neighbours concerning rights of way and nuisance.
- Protracted dispute between individual householders about validity and correctness of party wall award, quantum of compensation, ancillary issues.
- 8-party dispute concerning party wall awards, boundary dispute and 5 separate professional negligence claims.
- Design and construction of a racing yacht which took in water on its maiden voyage.
- Claim for increased costs under contract for disposal of contaminated spoil from civil engineering works to improve underground railways – hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Claim for damage to railway infrastructure due to water run-0ff from adjacent quarry.
- £200m dispute in respect of compensation events and other issues in relation to a major railway infrastructure project.
Utilities (Water Mediations)
- Dispute re water damage to properties under construction, allegedly due to escape of water during mains diversion, or from leaking.
- Alleged defects in design and build of sewage treatment works – dosing and odour control.
- Sewer collapse – effect of pre-existing condition of sewer and/or overlying spoil heaps.
- Subsidence after alleged blockage of surface water drain.
- Damage to, and blockage of, deep sewer after compression grouting – dynamic probing, protection of buried services – construction of contract.
- Responsibility for supply and payment of water supplies to industrial estates, method of charging.
- Design and construction of plant producing polished water.
- Disputes relating to compensation events in installation of pump shafts and water mains under NEC3 form of contract.
Updated: April 2017