Rosemary Jackson QC
To contact or appoint Rosemary Jackson QC, call CEDR on +44 (0)207 536 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosemary has extensive experience as a barrister, adjudicator, arbitrator and a mediator, in the following sectors:
- Dredging and subsea pipeline trenching
- Energy (onshore and offshore, oil, gas, electricity)
- Engineering (civil, structural, process and mechanical & electrical)
- Insurance (Professional Indemnity, CAR, buildings)
- Party Walls
- PFI, PPP
- Process plants
- Professional negligence
- Standard form contracts including ICE, FCEC, JCT, NEC, I.Chem.E, RIBA
- Transport (rail and underground infrastructure and rolling stock)
- Water (treatment, sewer installation, collapsed and blocked sewers)
Rosemary is very experienced in acting as an adjudicator. She is a member of the CEDR and TECBAR Construction Adjudication Panels and has recently adjudicated disputes in relation to power, railway, motorway infrastructure projects and construction disputes. She has been appointed by the Chairman of the Bar to sit on a Joint Tribunal to determine a fees dispute between solicitors and counsel.
- CEDR Construction Panel Adjudicator
- TECBAR panel Adjudicator
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration panel Adjudicator
- Named Adjudicator and expert panel member in numerous PPP/PFI/BSF and other major projects
Whilst at the bar, Rosemary successfully represented many clients in arbitration. Rosemary also acts as an arbitrator, with experience as a sole arbitrator and of appointment to a 3-person ICC arbitral panel.
- Member of Society of Construction Arbitrators
- Member of Editorial Board of Commercial Dispute Resolution Magazine
- Appointed by an Italian Contractor as part of a three person tribunal in an ICC Arbitration regarding a dispute in relation to a Hydro Electric Power plant in Africa.
- Named Adjudicator for a schools PFI contract relating to the provisions, servicing and maintenance.
- Acted as Adjudicator in a dispute on a point of contractual interpretation between a top 10 Contractor and a Water Company regarding a Bio Solids Dryer project.
- Acted as Adjudicator in four separate Adjudication Decisions regarding legal and technical issues relating to an automated handling plant for picking goods to fulfil delivery orders.
- Acted as adjudicator in dispute relating to preparatory works for Crossrail.
- Appointed by ICC and LCIA as Mediator in cross-border disputes.
- Acted as sole Arbitrator in respect of construction dispute.
- Appointed by Chairman of the Bar to Joint Tribunal to determine fees dispute between solicitors and Counsel.
- Appointed as Adjudicator in two separate disputes relating to power supplies under Framework Agreement.
Whilst in practice at the Bar, Rosemary Jackson specialised in the field of construction, engineering, professional negligence and commercial/contract law, including advice and advocacy in relation to litigation and arbitration, adjudication and mediation, and contract drafting. She appeared as an advocate in Courts at all levels and before a wide range of adjudicators and arbitrators, as well as in appeals or challenges against arbitration decisions. She represented local authorities, the Treasury Solicitor, contractors, sub-contractors, developers, property owners and purchasers, and professionals, including architects, engineers and surveyors. She gained considerable experience of advisory work and litigation arising out of party wall matters. Rosemary was consistently ranked in Legal Experts, Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for Construction Law.
She is experienced in standard forms of building, engineering and process engineering contracts, including design and build, JCT, FIDIC, NEC, PPP, PFI projects and government supply contracts.
Rosemary also sat as a Recorder in the Crown Courts for 13 years, where she was authorised to try Serious Sexual Offences.
Having moved to full time ADR work, Rosemary no longer accepts instructions to provide services as a barrister.
Rosemary’s interests include international conflict resolution. In 2012 she was a member of the OSCE monitoring team for the Armenian Presidential elections. In 2013 she was one of 3 facilitators of a 3-day peace-making workshop for Cyprus, sponsored by the United Nations Development Programme.
- CEDR-accredited and registered Mediator since 2001
- CEDR panel Mediator
- ResoLex Construction panel Mediator
- Bengal Chamber of Commerce panel Mediator
- TECBAR panel mediator
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration panel Mediator
- Member of Civil Mediation Council
- Project Advisor to ENGI Participatory Peacemaking Project for Cyprus
- Independent Chair of Euston and Camden Community Group engagement meetings in relation to HS2; July 2016
- Technology and Construction Bar Association (TECBAR)
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
- Society of Construction Law
- Society of Construction Arbitrators
- Keating Chambers Mediation Guide Rosemary Jackson December 2011.
- Mediation, And Some Tips For Getting The Best Out Of It Rosemary Jackson QC January 2011.
- Mediation: Some Do's and Don'ts Rosemary Jackson QC 1st July 2005.
Updated: April 2017